Energy Auditing and Studies

We do energy auditing in several areas of activity: industrial, services, housing, in general, in high energy consumption buildings (owner’s communities, administration buildings, hospitals, hotels, schools, shopping centers, etc).

We do also, the follow up of the level of implementation in the given proposals from the audits, as well as savings achieved. The audit includes the following points:

  • Facilities status.
  • Analysis of energy sources.
  • Analysis of production process.
  • Analysis of used technology.
  • Measure and collect data.
  • Energy consumption calculation.
  • Analysis improvement proposals.
  • Energy consumption calculation.
  • Analysis of improvement proposal.
  • Improvement timetable.
  • Suggestions and good practices.

With the deep analysis of energy consumption in your installations, we can calculate the potential energy savings. Including an economic feasibility study over the proposed improves, payback time, economic and energy percentage of saving.

Energy Calification and Certification

What is the energy calification? The qualification is a measurement of energy efficiency of a building or a part of it, which is measured through a certain method and is expressed with several energy indicators. This results in a new definition. Label with letters and colors related to this process, and this label is visible to people in some buildings.

What about energy certification? Certification is a process which leads to certificate issuance. The certificate is a document, signed by technician, containing information about the energetic features of a building, and its energetic certification.

When should be obtained?

In Spain, Real Decreto 235/2013 foresee three scenarios when the certificate is mandatory. (Article 2):

  • New buildings. Certification will have 2 parts: Project, included in the execution project, and finished building, confirming the info in the first part, modifying it, if it doesn’t match (art. 8). The responsible for certificate obtaining, is the property developer or the owner (art. 5.1).
  • When existent buildings or part of them, are sold, rented to new person (no renovation). Responsible for obtaining the certificate is the owner.
  • EFor buildings or parts of them, occupied by public authority, frequented by public and higher surface than 250 m2. Definition of public authority (clarification 3.1) is from art.2 of Law 30/1992. The responsible is the owner, if the administration is rented, or administration if it’s the owner.